Happy New Year everyone. A quick look back at Serge Daney in 2009.
Despite a bunch of new translations earlier in the year, it sort of dwindled down. And there's no sight of new attempt to translate Daney, if anything, I'm hearing less and less about book projects. There has been a much larger audience on this blog. Unfortunately, despite having a few translations on the way, I struggle to finish them, so the pace of publishing will get even slower. If anybody is keen to help, do shout.
There were 8 new translations online this year:
- Preface to Here and Elsewhere (Bill Krohn's and my translation at Kinoslang)
- Minnelli caught in his web (in Joe McElhaney's Minnelli book)
- The Pirate isn't just decor (in Joe McElhaney's Minnelli book)
- The Critical Function (old translation on Steve Erickson's website)
- Last Thoughts; birth of a journal (thanks to the generosity of Vertigo)
- A Genealogical Approach (thanks to Film Studies at King's College London)
- The smash of rage (my translation at Kinoslang)
- What Out of Africa produces (my translation for Steve Erickson's website)
Somehow, around 1000 of you (from 80 countries) managed your way to this blog (and did so several times in the year and stayed more than a few seconds). I consider you my true audience. It's kind of a big number and is enough to convince me this blog is worth continuing. I actually feel chuffed. So thanks a lot and happy new year!